Eastern Thrace Wine & SPA 3-Day Tour
Day 1. First Wine Tasting & Free Time at the SPA
Transfer from Sofia at latest 13:00 to the village of Mogilovo. Check-in to Midalidare Hotel & Spa. A representative of Midalidare Winery will provide a tour of the winery facilities. The tour will be followed by a memorable wine tasting in the dedicated tasting room on the estate. The afternoon is at leisure to enjoy the SPA or to explore the small village of Mogilovo. The village is located close to the town of Stara Zagora. It is situated at the foot of Central Sredna Gora mountains. The tiny village is the definition of a picturesque rural haven. The village is surrounded by fields, farm animals, lakes and friendly villagers. The area is great for rural tourism, hunting, hiking and biking. Why not rent a bicycle from the hotel and explore the region on wheels?
Accommodation: Midalidare Hotel & Spa
Day 2. Organic Wines & The Cultural Town of Plovdiv
After breakfast, a trip to the 100% organic Zagreus Winery. Here, the winemaker will welcome you in and present how their wines are made and how the organic wine making process differs from conventional wine making. All your questions about Bulgarian wine will be answered. The visit ends with a tasting of some truly unique wines. We continue to the town of Plovdiv for lunch and a walk through Plovdiv and the old town of Plovdiv. There is so much to discover about Plovdiv. The town is the oldest continuously inhabited town in Europe. Learn about the fascinating history of the town, which is one the oldest in the world. The town has often been described as “a city upon layers of cities” due to the fact that the town has been Thracian, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Bulgarian. Lunch is served in a Plovdiv restaurant. Transfer back to Midalidare Hotel & Spa. The rest of the day is for spa and relaxation.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch
Accommodation: Midalidare Hotel & Spa
Day 3. Last Day.
Breakfast. Check-out at 12 pm. Transfer to Sofia.
Meals included: Breakfast
Included in the price of the tour:
✓ Transfer from and to Sofia or Sofia Airport. Pick-up/drop-off point to be advised
✓ All ground transportation with a minivan or car included in the tour’s itinerary
✓ 2 nights at Midalidare Hotel & Spa in Mogilovo in shared ensuite double rooms
✓ Wine tasting at Midalidare Estate & Zagreus Organic Winery
✓ Visit to Plovdiv incl. a guided walk with Tour Leader
✓ Lunch in Plovdiv on Day 2
✓ Breakfast on all days except for Day 1
✓ Tour leader from Bulgaria Wine Tours
✓ Tour operator insurance from Groupama Insurance in case of non-provision of services
Not included in the tour price:
- Flight tickets
- Private transfers
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance (please, consult your insurance provider)
- Visa fees, if applicable
- Extras and incidentals
Price of the trip:
- 2 – 3 persons – € 475 per person (*)(**)
- 4 – 8 persons – € 365 per person (*)(**)
- 8 + persons – € 275 per person (*)(**)
* The BGN/EUR exchange rate is fixed at 1 EUR = 1.95583 BGN (http://www.bnb.bg/?toLang=_EN)
** Price per person is based on double occupancy e.g. two persons sharing a room
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total tour cost is required to be paid within 7 days of the invoice issue date unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- The balance of the amount due to the Company must be paid no later than 45 days before departure unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- In the event that the Client makes a booking within 45 days of departure of the tour, the full tour price must be paid up-front.
Payments are made in Euros or Bulgarian Leva.
Bulgaria Wine Tours Ltd.
Bank name: Raiffeisen Bank
Bank address: 1 Knyaginya Mariya Luiza Str., Plovdiv 4000
We will provide confirmation once the payment is received
We accept credit/debit card payment. Information will be provided along with your booking.
Midalidare Estate is one of the fastest developing wine estates in Bulgaria. The wines of Midalidare quickly gained recognition in the country and abroad, consistently winning numerous medals in prestigious competitions. Midalidare Estate is set to transform the Mogilovo area where it is located into a rural oasis, while using the resources at hand. Thus, the former school building in the village of Mogilovo now houses a charming hotel and SPA and the old buildings of the agricultural cooperative were turned into a modern wine estate that features its own museum and a wild animal sanctuary nearby. At Midalidare Estate one could indulge in a number of activities or simply enjoy the rustic peacefulness of the area, where only one thing is a must – the wine.
The Thracian God of Wine – Zagreus – is thought to be the inspiration for the Greek God of Wine Dionysus, who is more widely known across the world. Dionysus is associated with wine, joy, feasts, the Dionysus’ mysteries and has become a synonym for “enjoying oneself” and “having a good time”. Zagreus is one of the few 100% organic wineries in Bulgaria. Some of the vineyards are from 1986. In 2010, the conversion of the vineyards into organic was started and in 2013, the winery was certified organic. Situated in the Plovdiv area in the upper Thracian Valley, the climate is continental with hot summers and mild winters. Red grapes such as the famous Mavrud thrive in this area. Zagreus is a family-owned, modern winery with an interesting background and a passionate young team behind the quality wines produced here.
- On day 1, the transfer from Sofia to Midalidare Hotel should be before 1 pm. Time and place of pick-up will be agreed upon booking.
- Transport time between Mogilovo and Sofia Airport is about 2,5 hours.
- In general, EU citizens do not require visas to travel to Bulgaria. Citizens of some other countries also do not need visas to travel to Bulgaria. For visa requirements to enter Bulgaria, please consult the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html or the respective institutions in your country of residence.
- The tour does not require any special medical condition or fitness level. The tour does not involve intensive walking, hiking, or other physical effort apart from the normal efforts for sightseeing.
- You are encouraged to purchase travel and medical insurance at your own judgement.
- To contact Bulgaria Wine Tours: call +359 888 487 113 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through the Facebook page – Bulgaria Wine Tours.
Additional services or surcharges
Most importantly, we will do anything we can to make the tour a pleasant and memorable experience for you.
Enjoy Exploring! Enjoy Bulgaria!