1. The annual Festival of the Roses celebrates the century-old tradition of rose growing, rose harvesting and rose oil production in the Valley of Roses in sub-balkan Bulgaria. The festival first took place in 1903.
2. Plovdiv is the oldest city in Europe and one of the oldest in the world. In 2019, the city will have the honorable title of “European Capital of Culture”.
3. June is a lovely time to visit Bulgaria. The weather is not yet too hot nor too cold. Temperatures swing between 12 – 28 degrees.
4. Bachkovo Monastery is the second largest monastery in Bulgaria. A visit to the inner monastery and the beautiful churches will leave you speechless.
5. The Thracian Cult Centre of Starosel was discovered in 2000 and is dated to have been constructed at the end of 5th – beginning of 4th century BC. It is the most famous Thracian tomb to be discovered in Bulgaria due to its past function as not just a tomb but also a temple.
Join us for a 5-day tour of South Bulgaria in June 2018 and experience the magic of the annual Festival of the Roses!
May 31st – June 4th 2018
Pick-up & Drop-off from/to Sofia
All ground transportation mentioned in itinerary
Accommodation in 3-star hotel (shared standard double-room)
Meals as per itinerary
Tours and tastings at 2 wineries
Guided walking tour of Plovdiv and Old Plovdiv
Visits to Bachkovo Monastery & the Starosel Thracian Cult Centre
Full day at the Kazanlak Rose Festival 2018
Tour leader from Bulgaria Wine Tours
Tour operator insurance from Groupama Insurance in case of non-provision of services