What to expect
Enjoy a flight of of four (4) Bulgarian wines over the course of two (2) hours accompanied by appetizers, water and fun conversation. The tasting venue is a charming wine bar in the beautiful coastal town of Nessebar! This tasting focuses on four local grape varieties from Bulgaria. The tasting is led by a knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine bar owner and wine specialist. At the end of your tasting, you should have more knowledge about the history of Bulgarian, the major regions, the most promising trends and the important local varieties.
- Tasting of 4 Bulgarian wines from local varieties in wine bar
- Tasting is led by knowledgeable owner of wine bar
- Appetizers and Mineral Water
- VAT & Local Taxes
- Mandatory Insolvency Insurance from Armeec Insurance
- Meals & Beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Alcoholic beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance
- Wine purchases & Extras
Where to meet
- At centrally-located wine bar. Location will be shared with you after booking.
- Bring your camera along to capture special moments
- Bring some local currency (BGN) for purchases just in case the venue does not accept card payment
- The minimum number of people per tasting is 2. The maximum number of people per tasting is 16.
- Food allergies or dietary requirements can be accommodated if advised before the tasting. Please advise at time of booking.
Bulgaria grows both international and native grapes. Interestingly, there are more international grapes planted in Bulgaria than local grapes for historical reasons. The ratio of international to local is roughly 70% to 30% with the plantations of local grapes increasing in recent years.
The most popular and widely planted international grapes are Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Viognier, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Muscat Ottonel.
The most significant local grapes are Dimyat, Red Misket, Broad-Leaved Melnik Vine, Early Melnik Grape (Melnik 55), Mavrud, Rubin, Ruen, Bouquet, Pamid, Tamianka and Gamza,
- Up to 30 days before the tasting = 70% refund
- Up to 14 days before the tasting = 50% refund
- Less than 14 days before the tasting= no refund
- Changing the tasting date is possible (according to availability)
- No shows are fully chargeable with no refund
- In the unlikely event that Bulgaria Wine Tours is forced to cancel a tasting, you will receive a full refund.
- Please see our general booking terms and conditions for more information