Stretching from the foot of the Sredna Gora mountain range to the sub-balkan region with the majestic peaks of the Balkan mountain range as a backdrop lies the famous Rose Valley region. This tour is inspired by the Thracian heritage found on these lands. Part of the Rose Valley stretches over an area called the Valley of the Kings because of the numerous tombs of Thracian Kings discovered here. The base for the tour is the Starosel Wine & SPA complex where apart from tasting wine, you can indulge in the SPA services and recreational options offered. The trip includes a full day excursion to the gorgeous Plovdiv – Europe’s oldest continuously inhabited city, where we will also taste wine at a local wine cellar.
The Rose Valley 3-day Wine Trail
Transfer from Sofia at 12:00 to the Starosel Wine & Spa Hotel Complex. Check-in to the hotel. Guided tour of the winery and wine-making process. Tasting of a selection of wines in the impressive underground wine cellar & tasting hall. Evening at your own leisure.
Accommodation: Starosel Hotel
Breakfast. Transfer to the ancient town of Plovdiv. Guided walking tour of Plovdiv and Old Plovdiv. Time set aside for lunch in one of Plovdiv’s cozy restaurants. Transfer to an urban wine cellar or enoteca. Tasting of a selection of wines. Return transfer to hotel in Starosel in the afternoon.
Accommodation: Starosel Hotel
Meals included: Breakfast
Breakfast. Check-out of hotel. Transfer to Sofia at 12:00 (2h).
Meals included: Breakfast
✓ Transport from and to Sofia/Sofia airport. Pick-up/drop-off point to be advised.
✓ All ground transportation with a minivan/car included in the tour’s itinerary
✓ 2 nights at Starosel Hotel & Spa complex
✓ Wine tasting at Starosel Complex incl. water and appetizers
✓ Guided tour of Plovdiv
✓ Wine tasting at urban wine cellar or enoteca incl. water and appetizers
✓ Breakfast on all days except for Day 1
✓ Tour leader from Bulgaria Wine Tours
✓ Guided tours of wineries by onsite winemaker
✓ Tour operator insurance from HDI Insurance in case of non-provision of services
- Flight tickets
- Private transfers
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance (please, consult your insurance provider)
- Visa fees, if applicable
- Extras and incidentals
Price of the tour:
- 2 – 3 persons – € 405 per person (*)(**)
- 4 – 8 persons – € 280 per person (*)(**)
- 8 + persons – € 250 per person (*)(**)
* The BGN/EUR exchange rate is fixed at 1 EUR = 1.95583 BGN (http://www.bnb.bg/?toLang=_EN)
** Price per person is based on double occupancy e.g. two persons sharing a room
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total tour cost is required to be paid within 7 days of the invoice issue date unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- The balance of the amount due to the Company must be paid no later than 45 days before departure unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- In the event that the Client makes a booking within 45 days of departure of the tour, the full tour price must be paid up-front.
Payments are made in Euros or Bulgarian Leva.
- Bank transfer to:
Bulgaria Wine Tours Ltd.
Bank name: Raiffeisen Bank
Bank address: 1 Knyaginya Mariya Luiza Str., Plovdiv 4000
We will provide confirmation once the payment is received
We accept credit/debit card payment. Information will be provided along with your booking.
The wine producing tradition in Bulgaria begins with the Thracians – numerous tribes who inhabited the area in ancient times. Just a few kilometers from Starosel winery, one finds the biggest Thracian temple ever discovered, as well as one of the oldest wineries from those times. In unison with the cultural heritage of the area, Starosel winery produces high-quality wines and emphasizes the connection with the Thracians who used wine in their most important rituals. In addition, Starosel Wine & SPA Compex features a hotel with relaxation facilities, natural mineral water pool and a restaurant that specializes in traditional meals from the region.
It is rare to find a wine estate in a big city, but Dragomir will surprise you in many ways. The winery is located in the southern part of the ancient city of Plovdiv – Bulgaria’s second largest city. Dragomir is more than a wine estate, it is a manifestation of the love for wine, but also for each other of the oenologists Nataliya and Konstantin. The winery is built in 2006 and not long after it received prestigious international recognition at Vinalies Internationales in Paris in 2010 and 2011. A unique feature of Dragomir is the digestive made from the local variety Mavrud. Dragomir offers elegance and class inside the borders of the city and it is a must see for any wine enthusiast who visits Plovdiv.
- Transport time between Sofia airport and Starosel Wine & Spa on Day 1 is about 2 hours.
- In general, EU citizens do not require visas to travel to Bulgaria. Citizens of some other countries also do not need visas to travel to Bulgaria. For visa requirements to enter Bulgaria, please consult the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html or the respective institutions in your country of residence.
- The tour does not require any special medical condition or fitness level. The tour does not involve intensive walking, hiking, or other physical effort apart from the normal efforts for sightseeing.
- You are encouraged to purchase travel and medical insurance at your own judgement.
- For any questions, please contact us at: +359 888 487 113 or email: email@example.com or contact us through the Facebook page – Bulgaria Wine Tours.
Additional services or surcharges
- Single supplement: € 38
Most importantly, we will do anything we can to make the tour a pleasant and memorable experience for you.
Enjoy Exploring! Enjoy Bulgaria!
Taste the wines of the Thracians
Why Choose Us
✓ Because we are the original tour operator in Bulgaria specializing in wine tours.
✓ Because we have visited each and every winery, hotel and place we offer on this tour in order to ensure the highest possible quality of the offered services.
✓ Because we work closely with the wineries and the hotels offered on this tour and we are flexible to accommodate your wishes.
✓ Because we have made academic research on the potential of wine tourism in Bulgaria: https://lup.lub.lu.se/student-papers/search/publication/4091904.
✓ Because we are promoting alternative tourism and helping the development of rural regions in Bulgaria.
✓ Because you will be supporting a young start-up.
✓ Because we will make sure you have fun and enjoy the tour!