Yakata and Western Thrace 3-day wine tour
Transfer from Sofia at latest 12:00 am. Arrival to Plovdiv. Check-in to Landmark Creek Hotel (4 stars) in Plovdiv at earliest 2 pm. In the afternoon, there will be a wine tasting at an urban wine cellar or local enoteca. Transfer back to hotel. Evening at your own leisure.
Accommodation: 4-star hotel in Plovdiv
Breakfast. Transfer to Villa Yustina in the village of Ustina. Winery showaround by onsite winemaker followed by tasting of five wines accompanied by appetizers and water. Visit to vineyards. Visit to The Red Church – a partially preserved early christian basilica by the town of Perushtitsa. Transfer to Todoroff Wine & SPA Hotel. Showaround, wine tasting and lunch.
Accommodation: 4-star hotel in Plovdiv
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch
Breakfast. Check-out at 12 pm. End of tour.
Included in the price of the Yakata and Western Thrace 3-day wine tour:
✓ Transfer from and to Sofia/Sofia airport. Pick-up/drop-off point to be advised
✓ All ground transportation with a minivan/car included in the tour’s itinerary
✓ 2 nights at 4- star hotel in Plovdiv in shared ensuite double rooms
✓ Wine tasting at urban wine cellar or local urban enoteca including appetizers and water
✓ Wine tasting at Villa Yustina including appetizers and water
✓ Visit to The Red Church – an early christian church with amazing wall paintings
✓ Wine tasting at Todoroff Wine Cellar including appetizers and water
✓ Lunch at Todoroff Wine Cellar
✓ Breakfast on all days except for Day 1
✓ Tour leader from Bulgaria Wine Tours
✓ Guided tours of wineries by onsite winemaker
✓ Tour operator insurance from Groupama Insurance in case of non-provision of services
Not included in the tour price:
- Flight tickets
- Private transfers
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance (please, consult your insurance provider)
- Visa fees, if applicable
- Extras and incidentials
Price of the tour:
- 2 – 3 persons – € 420 per person (*)(**)
- 4 – 8 persons – € 290 per person (*)(**)
- 8 + persons – € 220 per person (*)(**)
* The BGN/EUR exchange rate is fixed at 1 EUR = 1.95583 BGN (http://www.bnb.bg/?toLang=_EN)
** Price per person is based on double occupancy e.g. two persons sharing a room
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total tour cost is required to be paid within 7 days of the invoice issue date unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- The balance of the amount due to the Company must be paid no later than 45 days before departure unless otherwise agreed with the Company.
- In the event that the Client makes a booking within 45 days of departure of the tour, the full tour price must be paid up-front unless otherwise agreed upon with the Company.
Payments are made in Euros or Bulgarian Leva.
Bulgaria Wine Tours Ltd.
Bank name: Raiffeisen Bank
Bank address: 1 Knyaginya Mariya Luiza Str., Plovdiv 4000
We will provide confirmation once the payment is received
We accept credit/debit card payment. Information will be provided along with your booking.
During the Yakata and Western Thrace 3-day wine tour we will visit the following wineries:
It is rare to find a wine estate in a big city, but Dragomir will surprise you in many ways. The winery is located in the southern part of the ancient city of Plovdiv – Bulgaria’s second largest city. Dragomir is more than a wine estate, it is a manifestation of the love for wine, but also for each other of the oenologists Nataliya and Konstantin. The winery is built in 2006 and not long after it received prestigious international recognition at Vinalies Internationales in Paris in 2010 and 2011. A unique feature of Dragomir is the digestive made from the local variety Mavrud. Dragomir offers elegance and class inside the borders of the city and it is a must see for any wine enthusiast who visits Plovdiv.
Villa Yustina is located in the village of Ustina, about 25 km from Plovdiv. The name of the winery, as well as the village, originates from emperor Justinian I who was an emperor of the East Roman empire in the 1st century AD and who commissioned a fort to be built on the hills by the present village. Villa Yustina began its journey in the wine world in 2006 and soon after in 2011 its main oenologist received the price “Oenologist of the year”. Villa Yustina is a proud birthplace of one of the best cuvees of the local varieties Mavrud and Rubin. Villa Yustina will enchant you with warm hospitality, the beautiful vine park and other outdoor recreational possibilities and if you are lucky enough to meet the owner Milko Tsvetkov, you will also make a lifelong wine friend.
Todoroff Wine Cellar
Todoroff is a winery situated in the village of Brestovitza – one of the most famous wine producing villages in Bulgaria, as well as the place with one of the highest concentrations of wine cellars in the country. The modern winery Todoroff is the first boutique winery in Bulgaria and is a successor of a prestigious winery dating back to 1945. Todoroff emphasizes on the relationship between wine and art and in this way embodies the spirit of its current owner – Ivan Todoroff who is originally an artist. The modern winery also includes the first wine SPA in Bulgaria and boasts to be the pioneer of wine tourism in the country. At Todoroff, you will submerge into the artsy atmosphere, rich history and quality wines produced here.
- Transport time between Sofia airport and Plovdiv on Day 1 is about 1,5 hours.
- In general, EU citizens do not require visas to travel to Bulgaria. Citizens of some other countries also do not need visas to travel to Bulgaria. For visa requirements to enter Bulgaria, please consult the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html or the respective institutions in your country of residence.
- The tour does not require any special medical condition or fitness level. The tour does not involve intensive walking, hiking, or other physical effort apart from the normal efforts for sightseeing.
- You are encouraged to purchase travel and medical insurance at your own judgement.
- For any questions, please contact us at: +359 888 487 113 or email: email@example.com or contact us through the Facebook page – Bulgaria Wine Tours.
Additional services or surcharges
We will do anything we can to make the tour a pleasant and memorable experience for you.
Enjoy Exploring! Enjoy Bulgaria!